I'm a Liebster Award Nominee!

Okay, so it was about half an hour past midnight and I was just checking my emails before going to sleep when I noticed an email from my 'Blogger Contact Form' (right hand side of this page). Thennnn, when I opened it, I saw that Morrighan Rose, who is a wonderful fellow book blogger like myself, nominated me for this award: 


THE LIEBSTER AWARD





For anyone who doesn't know what the Liebster Award is, (don't worry, I didn't know what it was until a few minutes after reading Morrighan's email haha), it's basically an award that you can nominate new bloggers with less than 200 followers for. The idea is to get them more followers, views etc which I think is really nice and welcoming from the whole blogging community.

So a really big thank you to Morrighan for the nomination, I'm genuinely thrilled! Everybody go and have a look at her blog below:


There are a ton of book reviews on there and you won't be disappointed!


The 6 Simple Rules of being nominated

1. Say thank you to the blogger who nominates you!
2. Answer the 11 questions that they have asked you
3. Tell everyone 11 random facts about yourself - the really fun part :)
4. Nominate 11 bloggers yourself - they must have less than 200 followers
5. Ask your nominees 11 questions of your own
6. Let them know that you've nominated them - post a link to their blog, email them etc



My answers to Morrighan's Questions:

1 - What is your favourite genre of book to read and your favourite book from that genre?

Umm, this is a hard question because I'm not sure that I actually have a favourite genre. All of my favourite books are from different genres! Oscar Wilde's Dorian Gray, Lewis Caroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, the Harry Potter series, The Great Gatsby... 

I can't choose!

2 - If you could live in any world from a book, which world would it be and why?

Well, there are so many amazing worlds out there that writers have created. Cassandra Clare's Shadowhunter world, Lewis Carroll's Wonderland and so many more. But I would definitely choose Harry Potter's world. I'm a massive fan of Harry Potter and I love everything about the world that J.K. Rowling has created. I mean, I have my own wand, time turner, train tickets for the Hogwarts Express.. I'm practically living in this world already! 


3 - Who is your favourite fictional character of the same sex? Does this character remind you of yourself or someone you would like to be?

Blair Waldorf (from the Gossip Girl books). I think she's fashionable, ambitious and driven by success; but at the same time she's weak when it comes to love. I would say that she's a lot like me in the sense that she's a leader, not a follower and she has clear goals that she will do anything to achieve.

There are a number of traits that I admire in her, particularly her fashion sense. So I guess that in some ways I would like to be like her.

4 - Who is your favourite fictional character of the opposite sex? Why?

I don't know if I could choose this one! I like Jace Wayland and Patch Cipriano and Draco Malfoy. But I guess that if I had to choose, I would go with Voldermort - I know haha. 

I like Voldermort because I think that he has a really interesting back story, he's powerful and he has lots of ambition. He never gives up on pursuing what he wants and if you scratch beneath the surface, you realise that he is a pretty troubled soul at heart. I actually feel pretty sorry for him, poor lad. 

5 - Tell me the most random fact about you?

I really like crispy onion rings and I crave them almost every day.


6 - When did you start your blog and why?

I started my blog about two months ago. I had finally finished with my A-Level exams and that gave me the opportunity to put a lot more time and effort in to making this blog a success. I've wanted to start a blog for ages, but the time had never really been right until a couple of months ago. But since then, I've had a lot of opportunities; such as working with the fantastic Lydia Rodriguez-Clement for an interview and a giveaway! Now I've not only made a new author contact, but a friend too. And I hope to make many more!


7 - If an alien invasion started tomorrow and you had to hide in a bomb shelter, name three things you would bring with you.

- Battery operated hair straighteners

- A notepad
- A pen

8 - How many books do you own? (Physical and E-Books included)

I own over a 100 books for sure. I've been buying books since I was in primary school; reading was a compulsory evening activity at my house for me and my sister when we were younger (thank you mum!). A lot of my physical copies are in storage because there isn't enough shelf space on any of my bookcases, but I have all my favourite titles out. In terms of E-Books, I own about 6 or 7 so not that many actually. 

9 - If you could pick one supernatural trait to have, what would it be?

Well I definitely wouldn't choose immortality. It must be horrible to live through this ceaseless existence. You would be tormented by the deaths of everybody you love around you and you would never get to see them ever again.

So I would personally go for super speed. It looks cool and it has practically all the same benefits as invisibility because you can move so fast that nobody notices you!

10 - What is your all time favourite book or series?

The Harry Potter series is my ultimate favourite, but because I've already stated that I'm a massive fan of them, I want to say something different. So the series that I always always always go on about, is the Hush Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick; which is a fantastic series about Nephilim, Fallen Angels, betrayal, secrets and lies. It's amazing.


11 - What book are you most anticipating reading, whether it not be released yet, or you just haven't gotten around to it?

Jojo Moyes - One Plus One :)





11 Quick Facts about Me 


  1. 50% of me is from the Seychelles (small island in the Indian Ocean, look it up if you're confused) and the remaining 50% of me is Guyanese
  2. I can play the piano, I sing and I'm learning to play the guitar
  3. I'm a fussy eater - no seafood, no beef, no lamb, I only eat select cuts of pork (loin chops and belly pork), no breakfast..
  4. I would love to go on a road trip to every state in the USA during my gap year at university
  5. I'm enthralled by Greek mythology
  6. My favourite band ever is The Fray, but I love Bastille, George Ezra, Tom Odell, Parachute, Ben Howard, Maroon 5, Coldplay and a ton of others
  7. I hope to become a commissioning editor after university but my dream is to get one of my novels published
  8. I would prefer a quiet evening in to a crazy night out clubbing/drinking any day
  9. I love shoes, handbags and jewellery more than I love clothes themselves
  10. I really enjoy my own company
  11. I would love to go skinny dipping




So the people I'm nominating for this award are:

Christina - The Film Nerd :)
Maria - Maria Marmite
Rhian - Nina Tricia
Mario - Waffle Reviews
Samantha - Mobi
Abigail - Abigadeo


You don't have to accept the nomination, but if you do then these are my 11 questions for you:

1. Why do you blog and how long have you been blogging for?
2. When do you blog?
3. What's your favourite TV series/movie and why?
4. Who is your favourite actress/actor and why?
5. If you could describe yourself in one sentence, what would it be?
6. If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
7. How do you spend your free time?
8. Tell me one thing that you love.
9. Tell me one thing that you hate.
10. If you had the option to live forever, would you choose it? Why?
11. Do you like Harry Potter?


Good luck to everyone who has been nominated!